Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Bare-Faced in Central Park

Central Park is beautiful, and massive.  You forget that you're in the middle of such a big city.  I didn't even come close to seeing all of it, and I spent pretty much the whole day there.  I also shaved off my beard for the occasion (no, not really, but my beard trimmer won't work with US voltage, so it was either that or get really, really hairy over the course of the month).


There are lots of beautiful sculptures throughout the park, including this one of Shakespeare, which is a bit odd.  Pretty sure he never visited Manhattan.


Also, there are literally hundreds of wooden bench seats throughout the Park, and a lot of them have various dedications on them (you know, Helen & Roy forever, In Memory of Dear Ralph, all that sort of stuff).  This one I thought took the cake though.  Obviously the Werner Family have a sense of humour (and money to burn, I'm guessing these little plates don't come cheap).


And now for some scenery:


And a few shots from the tree-lined avenue referred to as The Mall, which I thought was the nicest part of the Park that I saw:


I also saw a squirrel.  These seem to be the equivalent of the possums in Melbourne :)

No comments:

Post a Comment