Saturday, July 6, 2013

I Needed A Wax

Wednesday night finished up with a visit to Madame Tussaud's, which is near Times Square.  Some of them are so impressive, it feels like they are actually real people.  There was one funny moment when I was waiting for the woman in front to finish taking a photo.  Then I realised it was actually a wax model of Annie Leibovitz.  Awkward.  The actors are in the first room, including a very lifelike Bruce Willis.







There's also the 'world leaders' room, where you can have your photo taken with the Obamas.  They looked a bit plastic-y.  I liked the royals:



Then in short succession I came across Tony Bennett, the Spice Girls re-formed, and I had a chat to Woody Allen while we waited for a subway train.  And of course, Paris Hilton was only too happy to pose for a picture.





I also thought this was hilarious:  there's a model of Evander Hollyfield, and they've even taken a chunk out of his ear where Mike Tyson bit him.


The tour finishes in the music room, where there's a good one of Lady Gaga, a not-so-good one of Taylor Swift (but still massively popular with the kids), and then there's poor Madonna, who looks like she's slumped paralytic, waiting for the train to take her home after a hard night :)




That bench does look comfortable, I could almost join her after a big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment